This recipe comes from Anita, who has been one of our regular patrons. We really liked the recipe considering its clever use of Muri, a quite humble ingredient in the kitchen pantry; and also how easily it can be made.
- Milk, 1litre
- Muri, 200 gms
- Khajoor gud / Taal Gur / Honey, 2 tbsps
- Elaichi (Green Cardamom), a pinch
- Dry fruits, optional, to serve
- Bring the milk to a boil and simmer gently.
- When the milk is simmering, grind the muri into a coarse powder.
- Add the ground muri into the milk and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the green cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
- Add the khajoor gud and stir till it dissolves completely.
- Serve the kheer topped with any dry fruits of your choice.