- Soak 500 grams of Tulaipanji Sheddho rice and drain the water out after 10 minutes
- Semi cook the rice and keep it aside. Ensure there is a bite.
- Separately, fry the Pork Belly Cubes, marinated in ghost pepper (Bhut Jolokia) paste and sweet chilli sauce for 6-8 hours, until fat is rendered and the edges have caramelised.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet and melt a few pork lardons. Once the lardons melt, add the semi-cooked Tulaipanji Sheddho rice and saute for a couple of minutes. Lower the flame.
- Top the fried pork belly cubes on the rice.
- Sprinkle a little bit of all purpose bacon bits to finish it. Pork Belly Fried Rice is done.
- Don't think it can get more simple...
|Kalpita Basu is a journalist by profession Though she is from Kolkata, she currently resides in Mumbai as she works with The Economic Times, Mumbai. Kalpita loves to experiment with food and explore different cuisines. Reading, travelling, watching sports and movies are her hobbies.